Women in Apprenticeship
Women Are Building a Strong California Too!
The construction industry's urgent need for skilled workers creates opportunities for women to enter and advance in the field. Jobs in the trades offer women the chance for meaningful work with high wages. A woman can expect to earn 20 to 30 percent more in a construction career.
Reasons why as a woman, apprenticeship may be for you…
- A love of learning
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- An interest in working with your hands
- To see solid products of your work
- To be a role model for your children
- To earn higher wages and benefits
Tradeswomen, Inc. - Web site
California's first organization for women in the trades, was founded in 1979 as a grass- roots support organization. We build community among the growing numbers of women in blue collar, skilled craft jobs. Tradeswomen, Inc. has three goals:
- Recruit more women into building and construction trades.
- Promote retention of women in the trades
- Develop tradeswomen's capacity for leadership and career growth, on the job and in their unions